Electrical Occupancy Permit

Entergy and Pointe Coupee Electric require that all residents moving to a rental, new/existing  home, or even a name change obtain a "Residential Occupancy Permit"

  1. Resident must contact the electrical service provider to create a new account. Once this is complete they will be directed to contact the local government for permitting before power is turned on. 
  2. West Baton Rouge Parish requires that all residents first must physically go to the Natural Water and Gas Department for service status. Once approved the resident will be sent to the Permit Office to obtain an Occupancy Permit.
  3. The resident must provide